Lyman Plains Pistol Kit 50 Caliber Percussion recreates the trapper's pistol of the mid-1800's while incorporating the best of modern steels and technology. It's the perfect companion to a Lyman black powder rifle. This percussion pistol is loaded with quality features.
The richly stained walnut stock compliments blackened iron furniture, polished brass trigger guard and ramrod tips. The hooked patent breech takes down quickly and easily for cleaning. Just like the originals, the thimble is recessed into the rib and a detachable belt hook provides an alternative to a holster. A spring-loaded trigger and fast 1 in 30" twist make it amazingly accurate.
- Stock needs to be inletted for the barrel, lock assembly, trigger guard and assembly
- Stock needs to be sanded and finished
- Barrel needs to be draw filed and finished
- All the steel fittings require some form of metal finish
- Detailed instructions are included
- Kit includes an introductory manual on muzzle loading rifles, handguns and shotguns